Situated just over 20kms from the Melbourne CBD, Point Cook is a relatively new suburb that’s steadily expanding. Close to Werribee Plaza and Altona Beach, with a coastal park and local shopping hub of its own, Point Cook offers a modern lifestyle with the space that families crave.

If you’re interested in the local property market, Fisher Conveyancing Point Cook will assist you with all your conveyancing needs. But first, let’s explore the Point Cook area a little more.

Quick Facts:

  1. Suburb area size – 9.3 km²
  2. The 5th fastest growing Australian suburb of 2016
  3. Werribee Open Range Zoo is just 10 minutes away
  4. An excellent spot for birdwatching thanks to the Cheetham Wetlands

Natalie Fisher

Hi, I’m Natalie Fisher of Fisher Conveyancing. I’ve spent my whole life around this region and know the ins and outs of Seabrook conveyancing and real estate transfers. If you have any question, give me a call and I’ll be happy to assist.

Residential and Demographics

Point Cook’s population is close to 61,000, of which the average age is between 20 to 39. There’s a mix of cultures and people at all different stages of their life. Young families, mature downsizers, and growing families with teenage children. Owners make up 70% of home occupants, with the remaining 30% renting. Over the last year, median property prices ranged from $655,000 for houses to $500,000 for units.

You’ll often see many double-storey homes with modern facades in the suburb, which are perfect for larger families. Predominantly contemporary architecture, you’ll find modern homes for families of all sizes. It’s an ideal place for families who enjoy the open space and established couples who are interested in a resort lifestyle.


Point Cook is blessed with high-quality educational facilities for all levels. In total, there are 15 local schools within proximity, covering the education needs of little ones in kinder to primary and secondary school campuses. There are many well-regarded schools in the area, including Emmanuel College – Notre Dame Campus, Westbourne Grammar School and Stella Maris Catholic Primary School.

Further education is covered by the Victoria University Werribee Campus, with its Industry Skills Training Centre, and the University of Melbourne Werribee Campus, which offers plenty of qualification options.


There are various activities and events that provide an outlet to fully embrace the open space and enjoy the best that nature has to offer. Point Cook is considered the birthplace and spiritual home of the RAAF. Today, the RAAF Williams Base in Point Cook is the RAAF College’s home, including Officers Training School (OTS) and the RAAF Museum.

Visitors also come to the suburb to enjoy the Point Cook Homestead, Saltwater Coast Crocodile Park, LeapFrog Park, or experience the coastal front at the Point Cook Marine Sanctuary.

Shopping. Cafes. Cuisine.

Point Cook Town Centre is the central hub for shopping, providing residents with 135 outlets and leading supermarkets. The Stockland Point Cook Shopping Centre sits conveniently in the middle of Main St. Featherbrook shopping centre, and the Sanctuary Lakes shopping centre is just a 5-minute drive away.

You certainly won’t go hungry either, as there’s something delicious for everyone here! The area boasts an array of multicultural dining options from small take-away shops to larger restaurants, pubs and cafes.


Following the Werribee line, residents can choose between Hoppers Crossing station or Williams Landing Station to take them to the Melbourne CBD. Both are just a short 10-15 minute drive away.

Bus services around the area are available as an alternative, with multiple routes being serviced from Williams Landing station and bus stops along Point Cook road. The journey to the CBD takes around 45 minutes from the Princes Highway.

Speak with a conveyancer in Point Cook

Point Cook has a lovely family-friendly feel. It’s easy to see why it has become one of the most desirable postcodes in the south-west. From location to amenity and lifestyle, you get to experience the best of it all. Many young families are moving to the area to take advantage of good-sized blocks of land and affordable properties to purchase. Why wouldn’t

People often think that they only need help from a conveyancer once a contract is signed, and the cooling-off period has ended. Please don’t get caught by this; it’s not true! Your conveyancer can assist you from the get-go. To learn more about buying or selling property with a conveyancer Point Cook trusts, speak with us at Fisher Conveyancing Point Cook today.